Allergy Community

Hair in throat

I feel like I have hair in the back of my throat, what is this?

The medical term for that feeling (which some people call "a hair struck or a lump in the throat") is globus sensation. At times, it is associated with difficulties swallowing. They are probably related to psychological problems. The most common cause is gastro esophageal reflux disease - GERD.
Other causes may be irritation due to post nasal drip, allergy and infections(like sinusitis or sore throat).

Diagnosis is confirmed by fibroptic laryngoscopy. For confirmatory diagnosis, pls consult an ENT specialist as clinincal examination is must for diagnosis.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep us posted on how you are doing.

Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.