Allergy Community

Heat Rash - Allergy to Aloe Vera

Past summer, i got a sunburn and put aloe vera on in large quantities and i got a horrible constant heat rash, barely much of a rash just more like slightly red goose pumps just where i had put the aloe. I hadn't been allergic to aloe vera before. a month later i accidentally used a shampoo with aloe vera, confirming i was allergic because i had an almost immediate itching reaction.

Now 5 months later i've been getting a horrible heat rash, the prickly sensation all over. i need to be in a cold place or it gets bad. and i've been avoiding aloe vera. Its been going on for 2 months like this. But i finally found out a drink i have has a very small quantity of aloe vera in it. so i found the culprit, but i have been drinking this for years. Just as i've used aloe in other things before to.

So my question is, why have i become allergic to aloe vera. some people i have asked said there is something non natural in my body that is reacting with it? The past 2 years have been horrible for me medically, including lyme disease and a bad case of mono. So could one of the medicines i took have effected me like that. If you need more info i'll be happy to share more. But this has basically ruined my life for the past 2 months.

Thank you
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.