Allergy Community

to anyone

I have a question.  My husband has a friend who stays here mon - thurs as he works in the area and lives 50 miles away.  He's a smoker, he does not smoke in my home, but he smokes in his own home on the weekends, his car, etc. So his clothes smells of smoke when he stays here. To the point where he stinks up the room.  He also goes outside to smoke and comes back in and brings the smell with him. I cough the whole time. I'm very sensitive to smells.
And I'm afraid this is considered 2nd hand smoke. I have two children, my husband and I fight about this issue, he says it's  my imagination.  I would like this man to leave only because of the smoke problem.  

Do you think the smoke can cause a problem?  Thanks!!!

You could be allergic or sensitive to the smoke. You need to talk to your husband and his friend about this.

The affect on children though small, but cannot be neglected. The smell of cigarrette smoke is in effect very noxious.

You could also talk to your doctor and ask him/her to talk to your husband.

Let us know if you have any doubts.

Regards.
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.