I have lots of anger built up..

I have always wondered if it's normal to be agrivated all the time.. I get angry and upset over the littlest things and it is tearing through my relationship with my boyfriend and my dogs.. I love my dogs but i get mad really easy! And I want it to stop! Do I need help? Should I be seeing an anger management councellor?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I have the same problem I get frustrated and annoyed very easily and angry with my boyfriend over the stupidest things. I guess the best thing to try first before seeing someone is to actually try a sport that's aggressive or requires you to get angry like kick boxing ? Try something and see if that's helping if not then see a doctor about it. Hope that helps
Helpful - 0
I'd suggest seeing a therapist.  What's critical is finding out what is causing the anger and addressing that.  A therapists job is getting to the problem and helping you work through that and to help you develop a healthier attitude.

Doing something to distract the anger is just adding to the problem.  The source of the anger will still exist and sooner or later will rear its ugly little head again, probably in a more angry fashion.

You've got to get to the source of the anger and a great place to start is with your primary care physician.  He/she can point you in the right direction to a good therapist.  Therapy and perhaps some medicine might be the right combination.... adding a healthy exercise program and a good diet cannot hurt either, but start with your doctor!

Good luck!
Helpful - 0
your not happy and everything is bothering you. Your not at the place in life you want to be and all of your surroundings are reminding you of that. You need to bring the creative side of  you out, this will give you peace. Try writing lyrics of songs and submitting them to an agent. Not the music just the lyrics.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Anger Management Community