Anger Management Community
684 Members

Why do I explode?

Over the last few years I have felt my anger getting more and more intense. I get angry with other drivers on the road. I get angry at inanimate objects (for instance when I can't get a shirt off a coat hanger).  I get angry when I'm lied to. I get angry when I'm not listened to - and so on and so on.

Today was a turning point for me where I realised I have a serious issue. My partner and I are due to move house soon so we started getting things sorted. We had a silly argument over the fact I went out this morning to help a friend out and I was home later than I expected to be. During the argument I started shouting at her asking "what the f**k is going on? Why are we arguing?" After a while she left the room and I put my fist through a door.

I've never lashed out after a row with my partner before. She has told me she's now scared of me. I don't want my partner feeling like this about me.

This isn't the first time I've been violent/threatening when I'm angry. I've never been violent or threatening towards my girlfriend, but with other people I have been.

Why am I getting to the point of violence of silly things?
I am going through the same thing. Except I am violent towards my boyfriend. I actually hit him so hard I jammed my finger. At that point, I knew I had to get help.

I have been told the best way to deal with my anger issues is to talk to someone.

This may be a silly question, but are you happy enough with your significant other to make the move, and so you are scared and lashing out in anger because you aren't sure it is the right move?