Anxiety Community
23k Members

Anxiety and Metoprolol

I have suffered from anxiety for many years.  Last month I had a 24 hr, halter monitor and the dr. said I had episodes of a fast heart rate.  She put me on metoprolol succ er .25 mg once a day.  This has helped but I am very anxious about taking meds.  When I started the meds I was working in school and didn't think much about it, but now that I am off for the summer, I am a little more anxious and have been having an occasional skipped beat when I am not busy. Could this be a result of anxiety?  My heart does not race .
I took those as well in the past and since they are blood pressure medications any time you experience that you should keep in touch with your doctor about that.