Aa
A
A
A
Close
Anxiety Community
23k Members

Anxiety

I think I have General Anxiety Disorder - the Doctor has not written this down but has more or less stated this. However, my physical symptoms are worrying and I find it hard to believe this is all down to anxiety and stress. This has been going on for 8 months. Constant pain in left hand side, constant headache, tingling feet, tingling tongue, constipation on and off, difficulty sleeping. I was put on anti-depressants and sleeping tablets and was on these for 4 months. I have stopped these now as they did not help me. Is this all down to anxiety. I have had x-rays, endoscope, blood tests and ultrasounds and all came back clean. I am a physically active male of 38 years old and have never been unwell like this before. As I said this started 8 months ago. I was on holiday and had been drinking alcohol probably every night for 9 days - the last night I had about 2.5 bottles of wine. I smoked about 5 cigarettes on the last day. I have not been a regular drinker for about 9 years and very rarely smoke. I am at my wit's end with this and people are starting to think I am psychologically unwell but I am not depressed and I still work and play sport. Being unwell like this has raised my anxiety. I can get no concrete answers and feel that I never will and that I will never get better. Please advise. Thanks in advance
1 Responses
I understand your frustration. I too have been searching for a medical cause for my symptoms. I have a hard time believing that all these weird feeling I get are due to anxiety, but they are. Anxiety can manifest itself in SOOOO many ways. I have been searching for over a year with no medical cause yet turned up. But I feel ill everyday. With that said, you have to trust the doctors opinion that you are okay and that yes, stress and anxiety can cause this! Have you been under a lot of stress? What is your lifestyle like?
Have an Answer?
Top Anxiety Answerers
Arlington, VA
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out what can trigger a panic attack – and what to do if you have one.
A guide to 10 common phobias.
Take control of tension today.
These simple pick-me-ups squash stress.
Don’t let the winter chill send your smile into deep hibernation. Try these 10 mood-boosting tips to get your happy back
Want to wake up rested and refreshed?