Anxiety Community
23k Members

Anxiety

I think I have General Anxiety Disorder - the Doctor has not written this down but has more or less stated this. However, my physical symptoms are worrying and I find it hard to believe this is all down to anxiety and stress. This has been going on for 8 months. Constant pain in left hand side, constant headache, tingling feet, tingling tongue, constipation on and off, difficulty sleeping. I was put on anti-depressants and sleeping tablets and was on these for 4 months. I have stopped these now as they did not help me. Is this all down to anxiety. I have had x-rays, endoscope, blood tests and ultrasounds and all came back clean. I am a physically active male of 38 years old and have never been unwell like this before. As I said this started 8 months ago. I was on holiday and had been drinking alcohol probably every night for 9 days - the last night I had about 2.5 bottles of wine. I smoked about 5 cigarettes on the last day. I have not been a regular drinker for about 9 years and very rarely smoke. I am at my wit's end with this and people are starting to think I am psychologically unwell but I am not depressed and I still work and play sport. Being unwell like this has raised my anxiety. I can get no concrete answers and feel that I never will and that I will never get better. Please advise. Thanks in advance
I understand your frustration. I too have been searching for a medical cause for my symptoms. I have a hard time believing that all these weird feeling I get are due to anxiety, but they are. Anxiety can manifest itself in SOOOO many ways. I have been searching for over a year with no medical cause yet turned up. But I feel ill everyday. With that said, you have to trust the doctors opinion that you are okay and that yes, stress and anxiety can cause this! Have you been under a lot of stress? What is your lifestyle like?