Anxiety Community
23k Members

In need of a good Therapist

hey guys, you have all been super helpful on here in the past and I though I'd try asking you all a question. I've been recently suffering from anxiety and I finally want to start combating it appropriately which I take, is seeing a CB therapist. I have no idea where to start with finding one thats good. I live in New York City and was wondering if anyone by any chance, knows a great CBT in the area that had success with in the past. I hate having to ask doctors because most of them don't have YOUR best interest at heart and will refer me to someone who pays the doctor back by referring patients to HIM. anyone have any suggestions or where I should look?
I know this may sound like a very informal resource for suggestions, but have you tried yelp.com? You can search for just about anything on there, to include therapists. Users will give their recommendations from firsthand experience. I found it to be a very useful site, however I've never used it to find a doctor. Just a suggestion.