Anxiety Community

Is it safe to take Celexa and Xanax together??

I recently got perscribed celexa for my panic disorder and i've been on xanax before i was perscribed celexa 10mg. My question is are they safe to take together in a 24hr period? Usually take celexa in the morning and xanax every 12 hours.
Yes, thankfully you can take both of these drugs together as they act on different pathways of the brain. Many times we would prescribe to two meds together because it takes Celexa about six weeks to really start working  well. That being the case we need the xanax to help get pt's through that period of time. it is also nice for them to have a little extra for the hard day that will occur from time to time.

Thank you for answering my question i've been really scared to take them together. Thanks again