Hi. Sorry, I am not good in english. I am 30 year old male. It begins with anxiety and IBS with diarhhea 7 years ago, but it didn’t affect my life. All has changed 5 years ago with constant symptoms. I began to have them not in one day, it was a gradual process.
1. Chronic fatigue
2. Brain fog, derealization
3. Anxiety, depression
5. Light, sound sensitivity
6. Afterimages, visual snow
7. Constant ringing in ears, tinnitus
8. High blood pressure
9. Gas, bloating
10. Hair loss
11. Weight loss
12. Feeling my heart beat in my head
13. Cracking joints
14. Panic attacks
15. Lots of dreams at night, restless sleep
16. Stuffy nose
During first year symptoms were terrible, I had something like derealization and it was hard for me to go out, I was in a dream like state.
I had many bloodwork done and made different tests. It’s all ok, except this:
My billirubin level is 40, it’s 2x higher, than normal level. I was tested positive with Gylberts syndrom and my doc said it’s nothing to worry about.
My cholesterol level is high. HDL is normal, but LDL is 180.
My vitamin D level is low, its 11 and the lower limit is 30.
Also I have a little elevated antibodies for celiac.
I found a lot of people with similar symptoms and I made a list of possible diseases that can cause these symptoms:
1. Anxiety disorder. All docs say I have just anxiety because all my tests are good. I also think, that anxiety can play a big role in this, but I can’t stop searching another reason.
For my anxiety I tried relaxation, meditation, also made a lot of sessions with psychotherapist. It helped a little.
I also tried different supplements: 5-htp, GABA, St. John’s Wort, but I had adverse reaction - I was very agitated and had terrible insomnia.
2. Chronic fatigue syndrom. My fatigue is much more mental, because of brain fog, than physical. I can do exercises, ride a bicycle, but I rarely do this now.
Also I do not have any pains.
3. Lyme. It’s the first thing I found in google with my symptoms, with one exception - I have no muscle or joint pain. I do not remember any tick bite. I made all tests available, all negative. I can’t make tests in IGenex or other specific labs.
4. Celiac. As I said before, I have some positive antibodies for celiac (DGP IgA), but it is not very specific. My gene test is negative, but biopsy is positive. I have no immediate reaction on gluten, and my diarhhea is more likely caused by IBS and linked with anxiety. But still celiac - is one of the possible reason.
5. Adrenal fatigue. I made a test myself, my puppils are dilated soon in bright light. But I think that adrenal fatigue is not a separate illness, it is caused by something else.
6. Candida owergrowth. Much is written about it. There is no specific test for it. I crave sugar and carbs, so I try to eat less.
So, I want to hear your opinion, can it be just anxiety? Also I would like to speak with people with similar symptoms.