Anxiety Community

Uncontrolable shaking

I was hanging out on campus and i started to have small shakes in my arms. Those small shakes turned into violent tremors in a matter of minutes. Other than the tremors i was perfectly fine. I did not do anything out of the ordinary that morning or take any meds so I couldn't find an explanation. I went to the clinic and my bpm was 253 at rest and I had been shaking for so long my muscles cramped. the campus called 911 and i was rushed to a hospital. They did all sorts of tests and everything came back fine. Does anyone have any explanation for this?
253's pretty high (70-140's more typical).  I think the shaking and high BP was an anxiety attack.  Have you tried working at ways of reducing your anxiety levels?