A
A
A
Close
Anxiety Community
23k Members

paxil with wellbutrin or lexapro for panic disorder without the weight gain

Hi,

I am thirty years old, have had panic disorder with bouts of agoraphobia and depression for the past twelve years or so.  I have been on paxil for over 5 years now, and have gained over 70 pounds.  My question is which would be better not to cause weight gain, yet still help with my panic disorder:  taking paxil along with wellbutrin or simply taking lexapro?  

Thank you,
Holli
1 Responses
Hi holli, I too was on Paxil for your same symptoms for 3 years. I went off the Paxil because of weight gaim-45 pounds. The withdrawal was very slow and gradual as per my Dr.
I did join weight watchers and the weight came off very easily. Thank heavens.
BUT the panic and depression returned and now a year later after my last Paxil I have just started to take Lexapro.
I do pray it is much different than the Paxil as far as weight gain and feeling "zombie-like with no feelings".
Good luck with your decision as to what to do. BUT if you do go off Paxil please do it slowly, please. Remember, any odd sensations you have during withdrawal are NORMAL and will go away.  godspeed.
Have an Answer?
Top Anxiety Answerers
Arlington, VA
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out what can trigger a panic attack – and what to do if you have one.
A guide to 10 common phobias.
Take control of tension today.
These simple pick-me-ups squash stress.
Don’t let the winter chill send your smile into deep hibernation. Try these 10 mood-boosting tips to get your happy back
Want to wake up rested and refreshed?