Aa
A
A
A
Close
Anxiety Community
23k Members

wellbuterin vs lexapro

i was having a lot of stress and was also sad( family trouble) my doc put me on wellbuterin, 150  a day..was doing fine, didnt really notice anything, guess thats good... i had been on it a few months when i started having panic attacks in the middle of the night, at least thats what i think it was, my heart was racing, i was chilly and i ran to the bathroon with light diahrrea...it lasted about 3 hrs the first time then 2 days later it lasted  an hour til i decided to take a xanex, it must have worked because i woke up in the morning fine, i got scared because that doesnt happen to me, my doc changed me to lexapro  20 mil ....that day and said to stop wellbuterin, i felt lethargic and was so scared about the weight gain... i cannot gain weight! im 50 yrs old...i asked my nurse if i could break it to 10 mil a day and take it at night...going to try that, i didnt take anything yest, was trying to decide what to do and i got dizzy when i was at dinner last nite... this stuff is messing with me, id rather just stop it all but my daughter asked me to give the lexapro a chance so i will but at the first sign of weight gain im off it...slowly of course..
1 Responses
Wellbutrin can also cause weight gain, and sometimes Lexapro doesn't.  But you might be going through a withdrawal from wellbutrin.  Wellbutrin is for depression, it can cause anxiety, although since yours didn't come for six months it's hard to say.  But if you're going to be on a drug, with your symptoms, better lexapro than wellbutrin, though you could try therapy and natural medicine first.  Just feeling stress and sadness is no reason to go on medication.
Have an Answer?
Top Anxiety Answerers
Arlington, VA
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out what can trigger a panic attack – and what to do if you have one.
A guide to 10 common phobias.
Take control of tension today.
These simple pick-me-ups squash stress.
Don’t let the winter chill send your smile into deep hibernation. Try these 10 mood-boosting tips to get your happy back
Want to wake up rested and refreshed?