Ask a Nurse Forum

Birth Control

I have been on birth control for 10 years + I have been been off birth control now since December 2, 2008. That was the last day of the birth control pills I had. I was on Seasonique so I only had a period 4 times a year. Since I have stopped my birth control I have some issues with getting or staying wet (sorry I dont have another word for it) I dont know what the problem is. I get aroused and then it jsut is not wet - I dont understand and it worries me. I am trying to have a baby and clearly this is an issue.
Hi, thanks for using the forum.  I will do my best to answer your question with the information that you have provided for me.

Since you have been off birth control for over a year now and are trying to have a baby, I think I would schedule an appointment with the OB/GYN to rule out anything being wrong.  This can help put your mind at ease so that you can focus on having that baby.  In the meantime you could try an over the counter vaginal lubricant.  Good Luck and I hope you get that baby soon!

Bridget  
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.