Ask a Nurse Forum

Warming Sensations

My husband has been getting a warming sensation in the buttock area. It goes from one cheek to the other. What is causing this? Could it have something to do with his spinal discs. He is overweight but is active and trying to lose weight.
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

If this is a one time occurance, I think you can wait and see what happens.  If this is a recurring symptom then he should ber checked out by a doctor (a neurologist if possible).  They will probably want to get some x-rays or scans to see what is going on.  It is possible that these symptoms are caused by a disc problem.  It would benefit him to be evauluated to see if there is anything wrong.  Good luck.

Bridget
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.