Birth Control (Contraception) Community

Birth control and antibiotics

I am on the pill (Tri-Legest Fe28 day tablet) and have been for several years.  On Friday night, my boyfriend and I had sex solely relying on the birth control pills.  We normally use condoms but didn't this time.  Today (Tuesday) I went to the doctor and have a sinus infection and she prescribed an antibiotic (amoxicillin) and an over-the-counter (pseudoephedrine) for me to take.  I know we should use a backup method while I am taking the pills, but I just want to know if having the sex we did on Friday night and it being "unprotected" will mean I will get pregnant if I start taking the antibiotics tonight/tomorrow.  
Since you were regularly taking the birth control pills and have started with the antibiotics after 3 days after intercourse, chances of the effectivenesss of birth control pills being effected and pregnancy are very less likely.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.