Birth Control (Contraception) Community

Changing periods on Nuvaring

I have been on the Nuvaring for two years. For the last year, my periods change. I never have spotting between periods. After I take the ring out, sometimes my period starts right away and other times it doesn't start until day 5. It has been really light. This week I only had a light amount for almost two days and that was it.

I spoke with my doctor and she is not concerned, but I don't like the changes. Some months it's heavy, but the last two were light and short. The only other symptom I get is dryness. I itch, but it goes away. My OBGYN said Nuvaring lowers estrogen.

I was just hoping someone else gets this or can direct me to other conditions to watch out for.