Birth Control (Contraception) Community

Light bleeding halfway through birth control pack

I am a 21 year old female. I had protected sex (with a condom) on September the 30th (he didn't finish) and on the 9th of  October I had my regular period ( I also started taking birth control again after not being on it for a while). I'm halfway through a new pack of pills and I started having light bleeding. I have never had this happen to me half way through a pack of pills before. Help.

-I'm on oral tri-cyclen lo
That's nothing unusual, especially on a triphasic. Breakthrough bleeding is the most common side effect of being on the pill. Sooner or later everyone who is on the pill will get breakthrough bleeding. It doesn't mean anything is wrong, it's just a side effect.