Aa
A
A
A
Close
Birth Control (Contraception) Community
6.41k Members

Mini pill and history of blood clots

I am currently taking the 'mini pill' after unsuccessfully having an IUD (was misplaced and caused too much pain) but I am concerned about taking the pill for too long because I developed a blood clot the last time I was on the estrogen/progestin combo BC pill. My husband and I maybe have sex 6-7 times a year...yes a year. He has low testosterone problems so the sex drive is non existent. Do I continue to take the mini pill to prevent any chance of pregnancy and risk developing blood clots or should I not take the pill and take my chances on becoming pregnant? We are not too worried about conceiving but we would like to wait a few more years for career path reasons. I am also experiencing some mild side effects from the mini pill.
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.