A
A
A
Close
Birth Control (Contraception) Community
6.44k Members
1347434 tn?1282595378

Paraguard Copper IUD - Missing copper coils

I had a Paraguard copper-T removed on 12/15/14 and when it came out I noticed that over 2/3 of the copper that is supposed to be coiled or wrapped around the long vertical shaft is missing. I've seen a lot of photos of IUD's post removal and they all have their copper intact. Most of the copper on mine was missing. And, the remaining copper coils/wire was loose, broken, and frayed. There was only about 1cm left on it in the center of the shaft. My question is this... where did the copper go? I have to wonder if all those little copper fragments are still in me. Anyone ever had a copper IUD removed and discover that it was missing most of the copper coils/wires? If all this copper is still in my uterus, will in continue to act to kill sperm and prevent implantation?
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.