Aa
A
A
A
Close
Birth Control (Contraception) Community
6.42k Members

Pushing back my period

I am expecting my period over New Years this year and am on Yaz Birth Control Pills.  Obviously this is a big problem because I'm going out and do not want to deal with it.  I know that it is possible to skip my period by not taking the 4 sugar pills at the end of the pack and go straight into my new pack, however, I do not like the idea of skipping my period all together.  Is it possible to just push my period back a week?  A friend of mine told me I could skip the sugar pills, start a new pack for 4 days, then take the 4 sugar pills that I skipped earlier, get my period, and then pick up from where I left off with the new pack on day 5 of the active pills.  Would this be a good idea or would it be better to skip my period all together?  Thanks
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.