Breast Cancer Forum

Threat in extreme sports?

Dr Dr.,
   I play many extreme sports, and the one in particular I'm worried about is paintball. It has rigid safety guidelines, but none when it comes to chest protection. Could being shot with a 200mph paintball square in the (unprotected) chest contribute to breast cancer? Or am I just over-worrying? Are there potential injuries there?
Thanks!
--
Suzzie
Dear Suzzie, An injury to the breast does not lead to breast cancer.  Being shot with a 200mph paintball sounds painful!  It may cause bruising and thus the temporary pain but it will not cause cancer.
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.