Breast Cancer Forum

Wondering if a lump in my armpit could be anything

Heyy, for like 5 months now i've had a lump in my right armpit and i can only notice it around a week before my period and then after my period is over it goes away. It doesnt really hurt or is painful but it is tender. I was wondering if it was anything i should worry about because i read somewheres that it could mean i have breast cancer. Thanks!
Dear Jeannette25:  It is common for breast tissue to become more lumpy around one's menstrual cycle and then get smoother during other times.  Breast cancer does not come and go.  
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.