Breast Cancer Forum

biopsy lump

I had a breast biopsy done in my physician's office 6 months ago.  He removed a tiny small non cancerous tumor and a placed a titanium marker in my breast for future mammmograms.  The problem is the site where the needle was injected into my breast has developed a small hard red cyst like pimple on my skin and it has not gone away.  I tried to squeeze it and that was not the correct thing to do as it swelled and became even more red.  There is no head on this cyst and it inverts because of the location when I try to squeeze it.  I contacted the physician who performed the biopsy and he said that it sounds more like a skin problem than a breast problem and to seek the advise of a skin physician.  I am concerned about this and wonder if you have any ideas.  I do believe there is some scar tissue involved and I also believe the titanium marker may be trying to exit at this site.  There is no pain associated with this cyst.
Dear karip38:  Skin on the breast is like skin anywhere on the body and is subject to a variety of abnormalities.  This may or may not be related to the biopsy.  Without evaluation, it is impossible for us to speculate on what this might be.  Our recommendation is to see your doctor (or possibly a dermatologist) who can evaluate this “lump” and determine what the next steps (including possibly sending you back to the surgeon) should be.  In the meantime, it is probably better if you do not try to squeeze this.
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.