Breast Cancer Forum

breast pain

I'm 35 and I recently got off the pill after being on them since 18.   For the past month and a half I have had breast pain and soreness.  I keep doing self breast exams and have not felt any lumps or changes in my breast.  I went to the OBGYN yesterday and she didn't feel anything either.  I'm scheduled for a mammogram and ultrasound next week.  Any idea what this could possibly be.  I though of hormones or fibrocycstic or even the idea of breast cancer.  
Any ideas would be great.
Dear jess1090:  Breast pain is a common breast symptom.  The reason for breast pain is not clearly understood, and is not usually associated with breast cancer.  Breast pain is sometimes associated with hormonal variations and is then called cyclical breast pain.  Noncyclical breast pain does not seem to be linked to hormonal variations and is often localized to one area of the breast tissue.  Noncyclical breast pain may or may not be the result of an injury to the breast.   Over the internet without being able to evaluate including physical examination it is difficult to say for sure why you are having this symptom, or how much it is related to your past surgery. You should bring your symptoms to the attention of your doctor who can evaluate and put into perspective for you.
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.