Cervical Cancer Community
428 Members

What are the chances of LSIL progression?

Two years ago, I had an abnormal PAP. The doctors I had at the time weren't very good about explaining things so I'm not sure if it was LSIL or inconclusive. Last year, I had a repeat PAP at my first pre-natal appointment and it came back LSIL. Because I was pregnant, I didn't really think much about it but I just got a letter reminding me to schedule my new follow up. I was supposed to go in February but didn't have time and now I'm a few months late and my doctor couldn't get me in until 13 June. I'm now kind of stressed because I don't know what to think. I guess I have three primary questions: 1) I was unable to dilate past 5cm when I was in labor with my daughter, could this be because of the abnormal cells? 2) is the likelihood of progression this year higher because I have a history of abnormal results? 3) we were planning on waiting to have another child until our daughter is a little older but are considering trying to conceive again earlier if my new PAP results come back abnormal again. Would that be a problem?
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
How eating more salt may actually save your life.
A deeper look into the relationship between salt and hypertension.
Why checking at new times can help.
Could you benefit from this alternative glucose testing method?