local honey for allergies

I was recently told to give my son locally made honey, tsp a day, to help with pollen allergies, kinda makes sense really to build his immune system! was wondering if anyone has tried it? he is 4 yo
I used honey for my two year old and it really works.  Cough mixtures made with honey is also really effective and also helps for irritating coughs caused by allergies.
I haven't tried it but have heard people say that this works, locally made honey is lovely anyway!
For a 4year old, i strongly think it's a bad idea. This is because it still might have pollen grains if it has not been processed. Even when administering it, you should be cautious, as my mom is allergic to locaaly made honey.

You are reading content posted in the Children's Allergies Community

Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.