what is wrong with my husband

My husband is 54 years old. His Father has Alzheimer'sand his fathers father was diagnosed with dementia.  My husband has the following symptoms. Recently the neurologist ordered an MRI on my husbands brain.  they said it came back wtih significant differences since the last one he had 4 years ago.  and then they ordered a spinal tap.  the person that was doing the spinal said that there was alot of white matter on mri. My husband has had anoxic brain injury 8 yrs ago but he has been much worse (thus the reason for the MRI to begin with), he has petite seizures, he falls with no warning, he has tremors that come on out of no where, his eyesight goes blurry or dark, he sees shadows, he hears voices at times, his reasoning skills are bad and his attitude lousy. So my question is are they testing for a form of Dementia?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi I am from Ireland and my mother is suffering with dementia. It sounds very similar, I think they may be testing him for Alzheimer's. They are checking protein content in spinal tap as that is a marker as well as brain scans. Symptoms are similar to my mother's, she falls for no reason. Has memory problems, has twitches and tremors. I really hope he hasn't got this disease as its awful. It sounds like a genetic form also, this runs in my family. I am currently in contact with the DIAN Centre for trials and studies into genetic early onset Alzheimer's. If you want to ask anything else just ask.
Helpful - 0
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dementia Community

Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.
Can I get HIV from surfaces, like toilet seats?