Dental Health Forum

#31 Extraction

I am being advised to have #31 extracted and then replace it with an implant. Unfortunately, I'll need a bone graft and a tissue graft. I can't afford these procedures. What would happen if I delay the extraction? And, If I have the extraction would I be a candidate for a partial?  #1 and #32 were extracted when I was in my 20s.
Depends on the reason on why you need the extraction in the first place.  If its due to a gum disease problem, you could continue to lose more jaw bone and develop an abscess.  If its due to a cavity, the bacteria could travel to the pulp/nerve of the tooth and cause pain and again, potentially an abscess as well.  

A partial may be possible but if you're only replacing one tooth, it wouldn't be the ideal treatment.
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.