Dental Health Forum

Abscess after root canal.

I had a root canal and crown done about six months ago. Afterward I had some discomfort and had an xray done and the Dentist said that it showed that all the root had been taken out. Now I have an abscess on my gum and jaw adjacent to that tooth. I have made an appointment to see a specialist but it will take 2 weeks to be seen. Should I try to get an emergency appointment to get some antibiotics going or should I just wait and see if the abscess doesn't get any worse? Also, why did thhis happen when I had a root canal in the first place?
I think bacteria (germs) might have entered your teeth after root canal treatment and therefore  your tooth become abscessed. An abscessed tooth is a condition with an infection in the pulp. If pulp becomes infected, it needs to be removed. Since, you already get an appointment of after two weeks, you can ask him for the antibiotics meanwhile.
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.