Dental Health Forum

Abscess in cheek due to tooth

I changed jobs and currently do not have health or dental insurance.  I went to an Urgent Care clinic due to an abscess in my cheek due to a tooth. My whole left side of my cheek was swollen and sore. The DR. Gave me antibiotics to take for 10 days she said I shouldn't have to have it drained. It has been 24 hours and the swelling has gone down a tad and I feel minimal pain ( mostly when I  try to smile). My question is was it necessary for the abscess to be drained or will the antibiotics help it to start draining on its own? I plan on getting dental care once I get done with antibiotics. Just worried the abscess won't drain and I will be swollen the whole time I heal. Just want to make sure I am ok.
The antibiotics should help.  It will take a couple of more days for it to really start to work well. At this point in time, I would keep an eye on the situation and make sure it doesn't worsen until you see a dentist soon.  
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.