Dental Health Forum

HELP- IS MY HEALTH IN DANGER

I had a root canal 10 years ago on my front tooth. After a short time it failed and i developed pimple on gum which would burst every so often and release pus and blood. I had the filling replaced and my gum was cut open and the infection scraped out. I had 6 stitches and a week after they came out the pimple was back and my dentist said the filling had failed again but it would be alright for me to live with the infection which i have done for a number of years now although every so often i have to burst it although at the moment it has closed up and i will have to keep pressing until i burst it to release the swelling. What i want to know is my health at risk and can the infection enter my bloodstream or body. I had 2 other root fillings performed by different dentists and they both failed also and i had both teeth removed. Please help, very worried.
I wouldn't recommend living with an abscess for that many years, even if it is draining.  I would suggest either getting an opinion from a root canal specialist (endodontist) or getting that tooth out and thinking about a replacement such as a bridge or dental implant.  

The infection can enter the bloodstream or spread to your face or down your neck (depending on location of your teeth).  As long as it continues to drain from the pimple though, it most likely won't spread as it'll just drain out and not push out to other places but I wouldn't like to have that in my mouth constantly.  

Best to see a dentist and get it fixed asap.

If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.