Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dental Health Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

abcess

Last Sunday I noticed it was difficult to chew on left side of mouth... The whole side felt sore.. by Tuesday, I couldn't eat or drink anything and my whole left cheek was swollen. I went to my dentist and he gave me Amoxicillin and pain killers. It's been 5 days of antibiotic and  the pain is still present but less server and my cheek is still swollen... But now I have about 20 small ulcers inside my mouth along the upper left teeth and jaw line!!! I called my Dentist office and they are closed today... My mouth is HURTING!!! I have had 3 past root canals to the last 3 teeth of the upper left side... What do I do now???
1 Responses
540545 tn?1377626518
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
I'm not sure why you have so many small ulcers.  Sometimes you'll get a  pimples if there's an abscess but the antibiotics should be effective in preventing that from flaring up.

Are these ulcers like cold sores?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.