Dental Health Forum

extraction after abscess

I had an upper back molar extracted 2 days ago because it had an abscess.  It was horribly painful and I made an emergency appointment with a dentist that I didn't entirely trust because I needed some immediate relief.  The dentist's office was kind of dirty and a little seedy.  The healing process seems to be going fine, however, I'm concerned because the dentist didn't prescribe me with any antibiotics.  I thought this was standard procedure when you get a tooth extracted because of an abscess?  I'm concerned that he didn't clean out the wound and the abscessed area well enough and that I don't have any antibiotics to ensure that I don't get an infection.  What are the symptoms of an infection from where a tooth was extracted?  Should I trust this dentist although he didn't give me antibiotics?
I think pain is the main symptom. I've posted on asimilar problem. Think my plan of action will be to get anti bios from an emergency doc tomorrow if normal extraction pain gets worse. Where Ilive it is v difficult to get dentist appointments other than to get anti bios.
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.