Rectal/Anal Skin Tags

Has anybody gone through rectal/anal skin tag removal?  

I had one removed by my doctor in his office.  He used lidocaine (6 shots that were unbelievable painful) to numb the area and cut it off and cauterized the area.  

I'm having a rough time - I feel like I have the worst hemorroid flare up going on right now.  I'm taking colace and fiber supplement, drinking plenty of water and began using the Desitin a few days before they recommended I start.  I dread going to the bathroom, but I go regularily.  I can't wipe so I'm taking showers and bath several times a day.  

Does anybody have any similar experiences or suggestions to offer?  
I have not gone through this but have pondered.  I have 1 skin tag which I am dying to get removed but dont know how to even go about it.  My gastroenterologist said it would be too much trouble.

How long can you not wipe>?  What kind of doc did the surgery?>

I just had my skin tags removed today. The proceedure was completely painfree.
There is a bit of discomfort now a few hours after but instead of using pain medication I
take epsom salt sitsbaths, it works!
Check out: center for colorectal health.
I just recently had 3-skin tags removed on October 16, and I have had discomfort from them, swelling at every bowel movement, hygiene issues and they were just making my life difficult to funtion normally.  I had to shower after evey movement because it was difficult to wipe, there were in comparison to a daisy in shape at the lower end of my anus.

My gastro doctor referred me to a colon rectal doctor, who both, didn't recommend that I do anything with them, but I was very insistant becuse as I age, I don't want this to be an issue anymore.  

My family doctor would have gladly done it in his office, but I couldn't bear the lidocaine shots, so my procedure was done by my colon rectal doctor in the OR, it lasted about 15 minutes if even that.

I started on pain meds before I left the hospital, after the numbness wore off, I was in a considerable amout of pain, I do have a low pain tolerance, so I took the pain meds, but the most tedious of the procedure is the sting after a bowel movement.  I make sure I have a warm bath ready, my colon rectal doctor recommended also, no use of soaps, ointments, creams or wipes.  

After about day number 3 I began using mild baby soap, or ivory soap and took a shower afterwards too.  After the shower, I used a baby wipe rinsed it with very warm water and very carefully, while looking in the mirror, (yes is was a site for sore eyes butt :) patted the area clean.   I use a blow dryer, on lmy vaginal, and rectal area always...I also use a pad or panty liner to keep in eye on the amount of drainage from the area.

I am not in as much pain as the first few days, but the sting is still there after every bowel movement wich is a minimum of 2-3 times per day.  Now,  I have been on the Marilax since about October 13, which is really helping keep the stool easy to pass, and I don't have the discomfort like I did before the procedure, I mean the swelling and all. So, I stay with the warm bath, shower, wipe regimin.  I am glad I had the procedure done, I would rather go through a couple weeks of discomfort to rectify this problem I have had for over 3 decades.  I feel much better today than I did a week ago.

I hope this comment goes through this time, I am not very computer friendly, and I tried to comment 3 times.  Good luck...buttherman
how do you get skin tags?
I'm only 26 and I had a skin tag removed yesterday. My doctor cauterized mine off and I believe she did a brilliant job. Whilst I'm in a little bit of pain I believe that it will only be for a short while. I have no regrets about getting rid of mine. Infact, I feel free, sexy and best of all HUMAN.  I have to admit I was a bit apprehensive about the removal because I'd read so many horror stories about how awful the pain was for others, but I'm honestly not feeling too badly. A little uncomfortable but otherwise, really good. I haven't had to take pain meds at all, I've been drinking a whole tonne of prune juice and water and just to be on the safe side, I've decided that I'm going to eat mashed vege's for about a week to make sure BM's won't be too traumatic.
I was given a cream to prevent infection and I've been having salt water sitz baths 2-3 times a day. I really do feel wonderful.
I recommend anyone who is considering this to talk to your GP and see what they say. My Doctor cauterized it within 15mins. I had a few stitches, but feel fine. If you're really wanting to get rid of them, I say do it. No pain no gain right?
I have a skin tag that is not a flap, but more of a long skin tag.  It is right on the outside of my anal opening and it isn't too big, but the fact that it is there, drives me crazy.  I would say it is the size of a piece of rice and probably a smidgen longer.  I have always had problems with anemia, therefore had to be on iron tablets.  This caused constipation, coupled with birthing three children, brings on the dreaded hemorrhoids.  I was also told many years ago that I had fissures as well.  I was told that anal skin tags come from anorectal problems such as old hems and fissures.  Does anyone know if there is truth to that?  Thanks.
I have Two Skin tags, One at the front, the Second at the back, my First appeared at the age of Twenty Five & I was horrified...I'm Fifty now & tbh, they don't really bother me now, I mean, I hate them but have learnt to live with them...my advice is to use wet wipes when cleaning urself & not toilet paper, it's softer, less abrasive etc...a few years ago a friend had a couple removed & was in agony, she has a very high pain threshold but everything that could go wrong did...she ended up with some sort of prolapse, I don't know the details because she won't talk about it, but from what I've gathered from her, everything is a lot worse down there than it was before...leave them alone & try & forget about them.."
Oh, thank you!  I appreciate your help.  
I am really upset.  I have anal tags which are really swollen and drive me crazy.  I have Chrons Disease.  I have already discussed surgery. No doctor will remove them.  I don't know what to do.
Anyone know how I can make the swelling less?  Thanks.
In the middle of my first pregnancy at the age of sixteen, fifty-four years ago, this "thing' about the size of my little fingernail popped out at the front of my anus. I've just lived with it. But recently I've been thinking about having it removed. Have a small hemorrhoid pushing out at the side of it, and have also had outer veins in the anal area swelling and causing a lot of pain, itching, and misery.
My "tag" has never caused any problem, physically or otherwise. One doctor years ago would put a small nick in it during my annual exam and squeeze the blood out of it.

I've found the most relief from pain, itch and swelling of the outer veins in the anal area using pure aloe vera gel after every trip to the bathroom; washing and drying the area well before applying. I couldn't believe how quickly it worked. I get large tubes of the 100% pure gel at the local Rite Aid store, and wouldn't be without it now.    
I recently found that what I thought were hemorrhoids were in fact anal tags.  I did think it odd that I never had any of the usual symptoms of hemorrhoids, such as itching, burning or any sort of discomfort at all.  I spoke to a pharmacist and explained everything, including the fact that they just seemed to be "there" with none of the typical things that go along with having them.  He thought they were indeed hemorrhoids and had me use an OTC remedy to reduce the swelling.  It didn't work at all.  

It was only after a visit to my physician that he told me they were indeed anal tags.  I suppose my question is this...if they don't bother me (other than I find them unslightly and occasionally clean up takes a bit longer) whether I should even go through any sort of removal at all?  My physician left the decision up to me, and explained what I could expect (worst and best case scenario) for removal.  I'm "on the fence" as to what to do.  

Has anyone heard of anything that can reduce the swelling without any sort of surgery?  That's really what I'd prefer, but after reading the posts above, it seems that if it did exist someone would have tried that already.  Or perhaps someone has tried some homeopathic, OTC or home remedy with limited success that I could try first.  At any rate, I thought I would ask anyway.

Thank you!
I had a big anal skin tag which I hated!

2 different doctors recommnded I leave it alone! So I took matters into my own hands (after failed attempts of using liquids that are suppose to eliminat them, as well as dietary supplements),I took a tiny rubber band (used for small braids) & grabbed the skin & put the rubber band on as close to the base as possible. It took a few attempts. Then I put on another. The first hour I was in terrible pain. I realized that I had either done something very stupid or very smart. I thought at one point I would have to do to the ER. I took some Aleive & after I made it through the hour the pain subsided. The next morning it had turned blue, & by the evening black. At this point there was a small amount of bleeding & I could no longer see the rubber bands. Within 3 days it had fallen off. The area surrounding was a bit irritated but i just applied neosporin & everything was great. I m very happy to not have to deal with rectal skin tags anymore & would recommend this to anyone!
how big was it?