Dermatology Forum

skin lesion

My last partner (19 months ago) was diagnosed with genital warts last week.
I have a skin lesion where my thigh meets my body, approximately 1 inch above where my pubic hair ends. It is light brown, round, slightly raised, measures 2mm.  It appears pearly and smooth.
It has been there for at least a year without changing.
Last night I put vinegar on it for 10 minutes.  It did not turn white, but got red and irritated.  This morning it had a hard scab over part if it.  After I removed the scab, it has continued to look red.
I plan to see my GP as soon as possible, but would appreciate your opinion.
Thanks for posting your query. I can understand your concern and if your partner has been diagnosed with HPV infection then definitely you need to get this skin lesion evaluated for genital wart. It can be a harmless skin growth like a skin tag but it is better to get HPV ruled out.

You become infected with the virus without having penetrative sex if you come into contact with an infected area (skin-to-skin) in the anogenital region or even with infected skin when there are no visible sores.

Warts may be single, grouped, raised, flat, or cauliflower-shaped. They usually do not hurt. Currently, there is no HPV test recommended for men. Genital warts are usually diagnosed by visual inspection. So get this lesion examined to rule out HPV wart.

Hope that this information helps and hope that you will get better soon.

Wishing you good health.
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions