Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
6726276 tn?1421126668

Divorce Attorney Husband divorcing my friend

My girlfriends husband is a Divorce Attorney. He's divorcing her,they have kids,he's threatening her with sole custody if she finds a way to fight him.
    I say that,because he has frozen all the money in the bank. Even if she chose to fight she has no money to pay a lawyer.     I want to help her hold it together. What things can I say to make her feel like life is worth living?  Pamela
4 Responses
Has your friend considered legal aid???
I don't think there are any "specific" words to say.  You should just be there for her and help her in any way you can, i.e. listening to her; checking on her to make sure she is alright daily, etc.  

6726276 tn?1421126668
Right you are Londres. She loves dogs. Pit bulls. I went online & found a picture of three of the most absolutely Adorable baby puppy's. I sent the puppy picture to her & said, these guys are for you today.
  She already emled back,.saying she Loved them & it was like a gift.
   Thank you both for your help.  Pamela
973741 tn?1342342773
COMMUNITY LEADER
Yes, just be available to listen without trying to solve her problems.  I know that is hard and we want to 'fix' things for our friends.  But it is better to just stay in a support role.  If you feel she is slipping into depression, a suggestion to talk to her doctor and treat it is appropriate between friends.  

Wishing her all the best and you too.  It's hard to see our friends go through a difficult time.  peace
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Divorce & Breakups Community

Top Relationships Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child