Endometriosis Community

Interpretation of my Transvaginal Ultrasound

Hi. I got my Ultrasound Result but the Doctor did not interpret. I am so worried. Is there something to be worried of? I am 26 years old and we are planning to have a baby by May 2014. Here's the result:Thank you so much in advance.

Uterus: 4.8x4.9x4.4 cm
Retroverted
No abnormalities appreciated

Endometrium: 1.3 CM
Hyperechoic

Right Ovary:  4.7x5.1x3.0 CM
The right ovary is cystically enlarged as measured with hyperechoic lines and dots with a mural nodule seen suggestive of an ovarian cyst with benign sonologic features, probably dermoid cyst

Left Ovary: 4.3x2.7x3.0 CM
Within a background of polycystic change there is a cystic structure with crenated internal border suggestive of corpus luteum

Cervix: 3.8x2.9x2.5 CM

Impression/Conclusion:
NORMAL SIZED RETROVERTED UTERUS WITH SECRETORY PHASE ENDOMETRIUM
OVARIAN CYST RIGHT AS DESCRIBED PROBABLY DERMOID CYST
POLYCYSTIC LEFT OVARY WITH CORPUS LUTEUM

CORRELATE CLINICALLY
I am not a technician but it I was to read that it sounds like one ovary has a dermoid cyst which will have to e removed because they don't go away. They are usually filled with hair and pieces of teeth funny enough yet quite gross ha ha . The other ovary sounds like you have pcos (polycystic ovaries) which you can look up so you can have an idea about what it is as I know about it but not a lot.  If you had endometriosis on top of this they will see it when they go in to remove the dermoid cyst. Sometimes a retroverted uterus could be from Endo or scar tissue etc. Again I am not a doctor but there is a new forum for doctors to read this. I know it was posted on here if you scroll down in the endometriosis forum. It's either on page one or two.
Thank you for this. Im really worried. :(
Don't be worried. 99.9% of cysts are benign those are good odds.

Dermoid is clear for one and the other does sound like PCOS.

What worries you the most? Thinking its cancer, fertility or both?

There are many women that are fertile even after having PCOS, Endo and or other cysts. Try not to worry about that as of yet, Try to focus on finding the best surgeon to do a surgery and also a second opinion. Usually they do a follow up U/S to check to see if there are any changes or a CT scan/MRI.
Thank you so much. I am more than worried about fertility, but the cancer would follow too.I want to have a child, and actually we are planning to have one in May 2014.
I think you should really find an Endo specialist because the first surgery if it is Endo too you want the best of the best. If you want let me know where you live and I can find you the closest one to you