Aa
A
A
A
Close
Exercise & Fitness Community
5.88k Members

Can I do leg workouts with minor sprained ankle

Hi, i sprained my ankle a week and a half ago.  It doesn't hurt when i walk on it, but by the end of the day its a little swollen, i think from walking around the office all day.  So i started taking IB profrin today to try to counteract the swelling.  It seems to stiffen up a little bit so i'll bend my foot up and down until it cracks not sure if this is good or bad.  I had full range back a couple days after the sprain first ocurred.  Theres slight pain when i try bending my ankle they way I sprained it.  Anyway, I was wondering if i can go back to my leg workouts at the gym, which include Barbell Squats, leg presses, leg curls, and calf workouts.

Thanks
James
1 Responses
I would wait till it heals  because you could make it worse and be out of the gym for a long time.
Have an Answer?
Top Healthy Living Answerers
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.