Exercise & Fitness Community

Weight loss advice for healthy BMI but weight in wrong places?

I'm a 5'0 female. Due to a previous stay in a mental hospital where I was misdiagnosed with an eating disorder, I no longer know my weight. I know a lot of people with eating disorders say that they don't have one, but I REALLY don't. I eat 1,200-2,000 calories a day which is the acceptable range for a person my height.

Anyway, that's not the problem. Last I knew, I was 110 pounds. I can't be sure, but I feel like since then I've gained weight. I have been working out a lot but I think I've gained fat weight, not muscle. If I had to guess, I'd say I'm around 115-117 lbs now.

So I'm at a healthy weight (close to the top of healthy range, though) but my body is disproportionate. First is my thighs. I have small, muscular calves and large fatty thighs. I carry nearly all of my weight in my thighs, hips and butt. But I'm not a pear shape. I'm a 36-24.5-36 body shape, but my thighs are just as wide as the widest point in my hips. It makes me look way heavier than I am. I also can't stand that my thighs rub together. Not just the normal friction of us that don't have thigh gaps, but like jiggling.

My stomach goes out (muffin top) a bit. It doesn't seem like much, but to me it does. My upper arms are well defined, you can see the dip between my deltiod and tricep. But my lower arms have creases in them EVEN WHEN MY ARMS ARE FULLY EXTENDED. I also have that annoying roll of fat between my arm and my breast that makes dresses look bad and bras uncomfortable.

I'd like to lose 10-15 lbs. (Which is still a healthy weight, especially for someone like me who has a very petite bone structure.) The problem is, places that say how to lose weight are targeted towards people that are overweight. The less you weight the harder it is to lose, none of those things work for me!

Help?

-Nikki