Eye Care Community

Blind in one eye

My dad told me today that he is not able to see from one eye. And, he told me that he once went to a doctor, about 5-6 years back. Doctor suggested him to get it operated. But he did nothing after that. Neither did he told this to anyone. So, can someone help me with what may be the problem and its been so long. Can it be treated successfully?

Its his right eye. And, it looks like its covered with something gray. Something cloudy.

Please any suggestion will be helpful.

Stu
I gather from your post that this loss of vision has been a long time coming on and that as long ago as 5-6 years that the eye doctor has suggested surgery.  You will need to take him to a "ophthalmologist" or an Eye Hospital for a diagnosis and treatment. Hopefully the problem is a cataract and that can be treated surgically with a high rate of success.

JCH MD