Eye Care Community

Congenital cataract ...Im in such a panic please can you help me..

Dear people ,

Im 32 years old male and i was bourne with a congenital cataract on my left eye . My eye when i was tired was exotropic ,so sometimes it was hanging on the left side. I was always told to do nothing about it at very young age so i left it alone. When the sun shined my left eye always squinted and sometimes it was too heavy so i closed my left eye. I couldnt see much out of that eye .  My right eye i never had problems with that untill after surgery ,that freaks me out and i even thought about killing myself. When i was 30 i did go to a university hospital to look what my options are . My doctor gave me permission to go to the hospital with a note for a eyemuscle correction but first i couldnt go to the university hospital because that was out of my home city , so first i went to a local eye hospital in my hometown. In that local hospital there was a young eye specialist , he told me that he wouldnt do nothing about it but i asked myself why ? He said this : Because of the congenital caracter of the patient the visus profit wouldnt be big , but i asked him for a second opinion to the University hospital to see if they can do something about it . So he gave me permission and i went there he faxed it with this sentence "Because of the congenital caracter of the patient the visus profit wouldnt be big ". There they told me that they would fix me ! I was so happy ,after 30 years , no worry's about watching people in the eyes without to look askance and sometimes the sun insentivity. I never knew there were complications because they did not tell me ,only while operation is going on through infection. I was willing to take that risk cause i couldnt see much out of thay eye . The risk of infection was 1-2% . I never knew there was a vitreous. She only told me that she would replace my lens . I did not knew that that was called a cataract surgery. She said that my eyes will work better together . So i thaught ok , lets do this,i was so excited . Operation was scheduled on 25th of februari 2014 .  When the operation was done , next day i went for the check up and everything looked good. I had so many light now in that eye , it looked like the lens was too strong . But they said that this is normal and my brains should adapt this . I also complained about my good eye ,because it looked like that eye was stunned . I couldnt see like i always did . Things were just to colourful and sharp. I had like a black out image. Very weird . After 1,5 weeks i begin to see these floaters on my operated eye , every time i move my eye around there is some black hair and smoke ,very annoying and 1 or 2 days later i begin to see them in my right eye(good eye)!! I totaly freaked out then . I went back to the hospital and there they said im just one of the unlucky ones !! This is ********,why they did not tell me about more complications . When they said you have 0,01 % chance that something will happen with my 1 and only good eye then i would say NO to the operation. I didnt knew almost nothing about the eye ! I had put my trust and life in the eye specialist and they screwed me ! On the internet i learned much about the eyes after all the complications i faced . Now we are 2 years further almost and i still suffer and regret the surgery ! I lost my life, i wanted to do suicide because of these giant floaters in my 1 and only good eye . I see them in every shape ,size and black dots,also halo's . I dont work anymore, i dont come outside often any more , the quality of my life is very very poor and im afraid . The University hospital gave me a refferal letter to see a Retina eye specialist . He asked me if i was fixated on these floaters , i told him yess . He told me not to make a decision yet because all the risks of a Vitrectomie and that i have only got 1 good eye . To be honest ,im willing to take that risk too because these floaters are killing me slowly,but on the other hand i dont wanna lose my good eyesight ,my vision in my right eye is perfect except for the floaters on every white wall, screen or paper in a lighted room. I tried to adapt to it , but it isnt working . I neglet myself even from food cause i cant enjoy anything. 2 years long this drama and stress.  And i also see double vision sometimes , that is also so annoying. When i have the double vision my left eye squints to the left and i can make it a single vision again,so i can straigt my eye myself. Im not happy at all with the results cause again , i only squinted sometimes ,not all the time . I dont know why i hated myself for that , now i hate myself even more. The retina specialist told me , ive got all the time to do the vitrectomie and he would do it when i want it  . As the years passed by im really close to do it cause it destroyed my life ,the quality of my life berfore surgery was way way way better . Now im blaiming myself for the surgery and regret it every single second. The University hospital where i went for surgery never called me or send a letter to do check ups , i dont know why ,but i get the feeling that they wanted nothing to do with me any more,because i was a complaining patient . They said that they will invite me every year , now 2 years passed by and nothing happened ! I wanna sew them because of this and not telling me all the risks of a cataract surgery .I learned an read much about people and their vitrectomies and they are so glad now ! They asked themselfs why they didnt the FOV earlier in life . They are now floaterfree ! I also red that many many people got these floaters after a cataract surgery ! Why they not tell me this ?I founded out on myself and much reading on forums.   Im sorry for my long story but this is now a matter of life or death for me . Here are my questions :

1) Could 1 eye effect the other eye ,like my situation after a cataract surgery causing these floaters ?

2) If the local hospital faxes the University Academic Hospital that "  Because of the congenital caracter of the                                       patient the visus profit wouldnt be big "  does the Academic hospital put that in my file and knew what my eye problem was  ?

3) Is it normal for me to see the lensimplant when its dark and there is a little light ?

4) Is it normal to see the implanted lens zooming in and out ,like the lens becomes smaller and bigger ?

5) Is it normal to see glare ,halo's in my operated eye and after surgery in my not operated eye ?

6) Why did the hospital where i did the surgery not invite me any more and they must do check ups each year ?

7) What is wise for me to do now with only 1 good eye ?(vitrectomie)

8) Does the YAG laser for floaters work ?

9) Is it normal for me to get double vision ?    

10) I also when i look in the sky , see tiny white worms , is that scheerers syndrome ?

11) Is that because of the floaters or PVD ?

12) Is it possible to have the floaters(black smoke and hair ) that i see in my operated eye on my lens ?

13) Because of the operation my good eye was stunned after all the light in my operated eye , ii really think that this begin the floaters , but is there a possibility?

13) When i do the vitrectomie then i really can see almost nothing after surgery for a few weeks ,should i go in a Rehabilitation Center where i have all the help i need ?

14) Could i sew the hospital ?
First of all floaters are a normal part of the eye getting older. They occur naturally in about 1 in 3 people your age. You lament you were not told of possible complications when you had surgery on your "bad" eye and you are upset because they occurred.  Why would you even consider surgery on your lone "good" eye when the risks include: infection, bleeding, retinal detachment, cataract formation is almost guaranteed then you will need cataract surgery.  You may continue to have floaters and they could be worse after the vitrectomy.  You could lose all vision and be totally blind in that eye. It's not at all sensible to do surgery for floaters in a one eyed person.  You need the help of a psychologist or psychiatrist to help you adjust to the floaters.

I've answered some of your questions below where I can:

1) Could 1 eye effect the other eye ,like my situation after a cataract surgery causing these floaters ? NOT LIKELY IN THE OTHER EYE. IT'S LIKELY COINCIDENCE.

2) If the local hospital faxes the University Academic Hospital that "  Because of the congenital caracter of the                                       patient the visus profit wouldnt be big "  does the Academic hospital put that in my file and knew what my eye problem was  ? "VISUS PROFIT?  DO YOU MEMAN VISUAL PROFIT. WHAT THEY ARE SAYING IS THAT SURGERY ON THE EYE WITH CONGENITAL CATARACT IS NOT LIKELY TO IMPROVE THE VISION IN THAT EYE MUCH AND IT SOUNDS LIKE THAT IS THE CASE.

3) Is it normal for me to see the lensimplant when its dark and there is a little light ? NO THAT IS UNUSUAL UNLESS ITS DISLOCATED

4) Is it normal to see the implanted lens zooming in and out ,like the lens becomes smaller and bigger ? NO THAT IS UNUSUAL UNLESS ITS DILOCATED. ONLY AN EXAM CAN DETERMINE THAT.

5) Is it normal to see glare ,halo's in my operated eye and after surgery in my not operated eye ? NOT IN THE UNOPERATED EYE

6) Why did the hospital where i did the surgery not invite me any more and they must do check ups each year ? THE HOSPITAL HAS HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF PATIENTS AND ITS NOT POSSIBLE TO KEEP TRACK OF ALL FOLLOW UP CARE. YOU HAVE TO TAKE IT UPON YOURSELF TO ARRANGE APPROPRIATE FOLLOW UP.

7) What is wise for me to do now with only 1 good eye ?(vitrectomie) NO SEE ABOVE.

8) Does the YAG laser for floaters work ? SOMETIMES OTHER NOT SO MUCH

9) Is it normal for me to get double vision ?  GIVEN YOUR HISTORY ITS COMMON  

10) I also when i look in the sky , see tiny white worms , is that scheerers syndrome ? I PREFER CALLING IT THE BLUE FIELD ENTOPIC PHENOMENON AND LIKE IT IS

11) Is that because of the floaters or PVD ? NO THE BLUE FIELD HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH FLOATERS, PVD OR CATARACTS

12) Is it possible to have the floaters(black smoke and hair ) that i see in my operated eye on my lens ? YES BUT THEY GENERALLY DON'T 'STICK' TO THE INTRAOCULAR LENS

13) Because of the operation my good eye was stunned after all the light in my operated eye , ii really think that this begin the floaters , but is there a possibility? NOT LIKELY,

13) When i do the vitrectomie then i really can see almost nothing after surgery for a few weeks ,should i go in a Rehabilitation Center where i have all the help i need ? YOU HAD BETTER GET 3 OR 4 OPINIONS BEFORE YOU DO ANY VITREOUS SURGERY ON YOUR GOOD EYE. IT DOES NOT SEEM AT ALL A GOOD THING ESPECIALLY SINCE IT COULD CAUSE MANY SIDE EFFECTS EVEN BLINDNESS.

14) Could i sew the hospital ? YOU MEAN 'SUE' THE HOSPITAL? I'M NOT A LAWYER BUT THERE ALWAYS SEEMS TO BE A LAWYER SOMEWHERE THAT WILL SUE ANYONE OVER ANYTHING IF THEY SMELL ANY CHANCE OF MAKING MONEY REGARDLESS OF THE MERITS OF THE SUIT.