Eye Care Community

Dry Eye Question

About a year and a half ago I developed really bad dry eye. So bad I could not even work.  I tried everything possible to help it but could not get any relief.  I recently lost 172 pounds (still going) and I was told I have floppy eyelid syndrome.   So I went ahead and had surgery to correct that.  It seems to be still early to tell if it worked or not because  my eyes are still constantly red even two months after the surgery.

Nothing seems to help. I put tons or drops and ointments in my eyes but not a single bit of relief.  My dry eye seemed to start around the time that I changed my diet to a healthy one.  I take omega 3 pills daily and use tears but I am at a breaking point because I get about 2 good hours a day before my eyes are unusable (red, blurry, painful).  If anyone has any suggestion on what else I can do I would appreciate it, I can't live like this much longer.  I don't know what else I can do or if there might be something else causing this, I need help bad.