Eye Care Community

Large optic nerves

I had an eye exam today and was told my optic nerves were large. 3 years ago at my last exam they told me the same but didn't perform any testing. Today, they did a digital scan and told me my numbers were 82% in one eye and 83% in the other? My optometrist said this was a normal value with anything above 80% considered normal. I'm not absolutely comfortable with only being 2-3% above the norm and below 80% being suspect for glaucoma. Could someone better define these values? Is there anything I can do to get further away from that 80% for a more comfortable buffer?
Without saying what the % refer to there is no way to tell. Suggest you see an eye MD ophthalmologist

JCH  MD