Eye Care Community

Post-op Blurry Vision

Four-months after Tecnis wavefront technology lens implants and YAG laser removal of posterior capsule clouding, I'm left with blurry vision. My vision is fuzzy at all distances and in all lighting conditions. Driving in unfamiliar places is difficult.  I've tried eyeglasses but they don't help. Does anybody know of a fix for the blurry vision?

If your present Eye MDs are unable or unwilling to give you an explanation of your problem you need a highly qualified Eye MD for a second opinion.

Common causes uncorrected refractive error, IOL out of position, macular edema, macular pathology, optic nerve or retina pathology, pre-existing amblyopia.

You can ask your Eye MD for a second opinion if you are comfortable doing so. You can look on www.aao.org for one near you. You would need a general Eye MD or a retina or neuro-ophthalmologist.

Keep looking, these types of things need answers.

JCH III MD