Aa
A
A
A
Close
Eye Care Community
22.1k Members

Seing Blood vessels when closing eyes.

I have experienced the following a couple of times.
The first time in normal light conditions I was rubbing my eye and while I was doing it i started to see veins, Only with my eyes shut, and they were silvery bluish color.

The second time: I woke up this morning 5 am and when i was closing my eyes i kept seeing the same thing only for a second when my eyes were shut, but when i opend them it went away. This went away after a few minutes.
I want to make it clear that the veins I see are only with eyes shut, and they re silver in color with black background.

I have had my eyes checked couple of months ago also done optic nerve photo, pressure, evetything was fine. But I did not mention this because I did not experience it at the time.
Thanks
1 Responses
Sounds like you have had it checked out, and everything is normal.  Try not to worry.  We can see lots of crazy things in our eyes if we are "hyper-aware" of them, or obsess over them.  If I had to venture a guess, I would say this is just stimulation of your retina from the light that "hangs around" for a few seconds after you close your eyes.  Most people experience some form of that if they are looking for it.
Have an Answer?
Top General Health Answerers
177275 tn?1511755244
Kansas City, MO
Grand Prairie, TX
San Diego, CA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.