Eye Care Community

Suffering from Multifocal IOL for 5 months (Tecnis zmb00)

now I am 36 years old(with nearsighted plus astigmatism) , living in northern of Thailand. I have been  the lecturer in the University for 7 years, recently I had changed my glasses for reading quite often and It could not help my vision, I had faced severe headache after changing it, so i decided to do the lasik  unluckily my corneal was so thin , the doctor could not do it.

After that, I was recommended to see another doctor who could help my vision through Reflective Lenses Exchange(RLE), he said that " you will have a new world", I believed his word and decided to do it, now 5 months passing by, i was so depressed, i could not use computer properly, my intermediate vision seems to be loss somewhere, my near vision is not quite clear because of astigmatism, I did the academic documents with difficulties.

My distant vision is ok, I have found that my passion in life has been decreasing day by day, I was about to give up my job as the University Lecturer which i love so much. Next week, I will have IOL exchange from Tecnis Multifocal IOL to Monofocal Toric IOL with modified monovision in my eyes.

I would like to share my story to whom who suffers from Multifocal IOL like me, make a decision very carefully before letting the doctor do something with your eyes especially implanting Multifocal IOL.

I do hope that my life will be come back very soon, please pray for me.

Regards,
Tony Thailand

This discussion is related to miserable with Restor multifocal IOL, now what to do? .