Eye Care Community

Viteliform Lesions of the Macula

Hi, I am a 35 Year Old Male and have recently been diagnosed with Two Conditions of the eye.

Vitliform Lesions of the Macula and Drusen of the Optic Nerve.

I have undergone CT Scans and full eye exams, Angiogram and I have noticed over the past few weeks straight lines such as lamposts are showing a small bump half way down going out the right. The crazy thing is that 6 months ago the horizon of the sea was showing a bump going down such as this image -------v-------- but now it has inverted upwards and vertical lines bumping out to the right. I constantly use the Amstel Grid to get a clearer indicationof the wavy lines - the left eye is showing fading and the right eye is clear but wavy lines.They eye hospital indicated I do not have AMD but the above conditions of Vitiliform lessions of the macula.
The Photos indicated in my left eye a dip down ---------V-------- whilst my right eye had the same dip but smaller ------v-------but it hasnt disappered and with all my own research I am hitting a brick wall.

I have noticed that peoples faces at a distance are blury but my peripheral vision has not changed nor has colours, when I go close up within a range of 3-5 meters everything is fine, but this dip on straight lines especially the vertical lines is like a small spark out to the right and then comes in.

I am taking macushield to help with the eye proteins and I am aware there is no cure, but this is freeking me out and im worried. The next stage appears to be an eye test consisting of sensors being placed on my face this March 11th 2016 I am assuming this is to detect the photoreciptors and cones to see how active these are.

This all started back in June/July 2015 and is all weird science to me, but any further help or advice would be gratefully appreciated...

This discussion is related to Light Sensitivity/Photophobia, Headache, Migraine.
DUPLCIATE answered first post