Eye Care Community
22.2k Members
Avatar universal

What should I do ?

I got hit in the eye by a soccer ball while I was wearing my contacts my eye is swallon shut and red.When my eyes tear up it burns. What should I do?
1 Responses
177275 tn?1511755244
Take your contacts out and don't wear them. Use cold compresses or ice pack to closed eye lids. You should have an ophthalmologist or optometrist that fit your contacts. Call them first thing in AM and get in to see if you have any eye damage. Soccer ball injuries have included corneal abrasion, bleeding in the front of the eye (hyphema), traumatic iritis, traumatic cataract, dislocated lens, vitreous hemorrhage, retinal detachment and orbital bone fractures. For contact sports wear eye protection. Many youth leagues mandate eye protection for all players.

Have an Answer?
Top General Health Answerers
177275 tn?1511755244
Kansas City, MO
Avatar universal
Grand Prairie, TX
Avatar universal
San Diego, CA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.