Eye Care Community

swollen eye

my husband woke up with a swollen eye two days ago now he woke up this morening with a verey swollen looks like a punched eye he said he feels a burning feeling inside his eye I need to know what wrong?and what can I do to help my husband?please help its urgent we live in tijuana
Hopefully this is an eyelid problem and not an eye problem. If so the most common cause (assuming no injury) would be an infected gland in the eyelid (stye).  Your treatment without see a MD would be limited to warm compresses to the closed eyelid.  If antibiotic eyedrops are available without prescription you might head for the pharmacy and discus with a pharmacist.

The ideal solution would be to see a general MD or Eye MD. If he is phsically ill with fever, chills, tense swollen skin you need to go to emergency room.

JCH MD